truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, June 30, 2005

risking the wilderness - what does that mean?

The wilderness - I never thought I was much of an extreme outdoorsie-type person but I actually really liked it! I am constantly awed by the beauty of God, the beauty He creates! My friends (beck, bon and rachelle) and I were 2 hours into the BUSH from Kenora. We went out to visit Rachelle's awesome hubby, Matt, and our rockin' friend Tenniel! There were bushes, a few tree planters, some psycho logging trucks, huge TREES, bugs galore, a black bear, a moose, a coyote, deer, open skies, and fresh breezes. it was incredible. simple.

i love my friends like crazy! We are such a diverse group of women with our own strengths, weaknesses and giftings but we're all craving God and loving each other at the same time! thank you Jesus for them!

Jesus, you are there in the physical wilderness' of life and in the spiritual wilderness' of our journies - Thank you.

I'm fighting for clarity and answers. (and it's not specifically about direction, about WHERE - finally!) It's a good but difficult struggle that I can only bring to God Himself. People have their own perspectives but I want God's answer. This is scary-exciting. Isn't it ironic...during some seasons of life you feel like you know so much about God and then the season changes and your back being completely dumbfounded by Him!!?!! I feel like I'm new at this. I'm treading on topics and heart issues that I've dared not tread on before. Risk...

June is over. Hello July!
Happy bday Canada!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I'm glad you had fun out in the bush, Steph! Way to go! You survived it! Probably better than a lot of us would!
Friends are great, eh? I love you!

Friday, July 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being out in nature - I find it so easy to feel Gods presence when I am surrounded by the amazing things He has created. It also really helps me see things in perspective. Glad you had a great time.

Friday, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Ya seriously, kudos for you for being a major adventurer...I could not imagine doing that all summer!
Kind of crazy to know that we will never know ALL of God. Hopefully every day our understading of who he is grows, but we would need a billiong lifetimes to even grasp half of him. Somehow that reassures me in a wierd sort of way.

Friday, July 01, 2005  
Blogger hayes said...

Hey I'm not the biggest fan of nature but I totally appreciate it. God sure did make us a great place to live. Imagine what heaven will be like!

It was great to see you at church. I can't wait to dance again!

Monday, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home