truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Saturday, June 18, 2005

my destiny is eternity in love

~And I will lead her into the garden I have prepared. My wedding gift for my Bride. Here we will begin eternity together. I will speak tenderly to her. I will embrace her. And she will be Mine.~

God has been speaking to me a lot about marriage lately. Don't worry, no wedding for me...yet. Ever since I've learned about the Bridal Paradigm I've been so intrigued by the way God loves. The way He romances. The way He calls. It's beautiful!

Today I went to my friends Valeriana and Karis' wedding. It was gorgeous! Valeriana is the most gracious, graceful and elegant woman I know. The way she moves, the way she talks and her posture all scream womanly and feminine! I was completely awestruck by their reaction to one another. Karis started crying as soon as he saw his Bride walking towards him. He seemed so overwhelmed by emotion that he didn't even know what to feel: Love, joy, peace, contentment, excitement, LOVE, beauty...

I wonder what Jesus feels when we take a step towards Him? With each step taken down the isle that draws us closer and closer to Him? What is He feeling? The Author of creation, the Maker of emotions, the Perfector of love...what does He feel when we glance in His direction. When we lock gazes?

I want more of that. I want to lock gazes and walk towards Him, my Bridegroom. I want a smile of all emotions to spread across my face and melt into his embrace! And the greatest part, that IS MY DESTINY! Marriage to the Lamb!

Why are so many marriages failing these days? Why is it so common to have divorced parents or to live in common-law relationships? Because the devil is scared spitless of marriage! If our destiny is marriage, the enemy must cringe and run in fear at every vow spoken by two lovers in a God-ordained ceremony!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Speak it sister! Love it!

Saturday, June 18, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

It gives me good bumps reading about the way your friends love eachother, and then realizing its like that with God only 100,000 trillion X more! Its amazing.
I love reading your thoughts, keep 'em coming!

Monday, June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home