truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Monday, June 06, 2005

Home Sweet Home!

I'm back! It was a short little business trip to T.O. and it's good to be home!

We (all the Winnipeg Hearing Centres admin) arrived in Toronto on Thursday night and headed to the Radisson Hotel. The next morning we headed off to the Starkey manufacturing plant in Mississauga. There we spent the day learning, listening, trying not to fall asleep (we were all tired), and eating.

That night Starkey (two reps) picked us up from our hotel in an incredible limo bus (it was like a limo but with a twist of bus added to it :) and took us down to Niagara Falls. It was gorgeous! We then headed up to an incredible (and massively expensive) restaurant called Noir 17.

We were wined and dined and got to finish off the evening with fireworks, literally. The entire time I was feeling so blessed and amazed at God's favor! During supper I was sitting beside one of the reps and, after having a few too many drinks, she started asking me about God. I've found this is quite common for drunk people but I was so happy to share the love of Jesus with her anyway!

Saturday was spent at the Vaughan Mills Mall and at Canada's Wonderland experiencing my first rush of hatred and excitement towards roller coasters. There were some good laughs to be had! We headed back to the airport via the limo bus and caught our plane back home!

Joel was awesomely kind and picked me up at the airport! THANK YOU JOEL! Since then it's been a busy frenzy of life in Winnipeg. I feel like I haven't had time to breathe.

Last night was WCV's first Celebration service in a few years. It was awesome! I remember those from the days on Burrow's. After, we hit up Earl's for Jason's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON!) I so enjoyed celebrating with you guys!

What I learned the most over this weekend is that I want to be more and more grounded and rooted in God's love and truth. I looked back on last years trip (Feb 2004) and was astounded with where God has taken me over the past year! It's incredible! I'm so much more firmly set in my worth as a child of God. I'm also so much more in love with my Savior. The more I know God the more I love him!

Thanks for all your prayers, guys! It's good to be HOME!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a lot of excitement in a small amount of time! I love you sister and love to see what you are becoming! You are beautiful inside and out!

Monday, June 06, 2005  
Blogger mariaborito said...

you're lookin hot on the inside!!!! (that's the new t-shirt slogan!)

Monday, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Joel said...

Anytime, Stephie Baby!!! Anytime. I can't wait till you visit me in KC. Hold on...I am not even out of Winnipeg...soon.

Monday, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Good to have you back in my arms baby! Wow that could sound a little funny if people were unaware that I am talking about how much I love your hugs. I miss you when your away! Glad you are home too :)

Monday, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

you guys are why I love home so much!!! I love you and you're all hot on the inside too!!!!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home