truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Skywalk Movie Star*

So, today on my lunch break I found (what I thought would be) a quiet sky walk that runs from the Winnipeg Convention Center to the Delta Hotel. When I walked into the skywalk it seemed peaceful and calm so I decided to make myself at home (I felt a tiny bit homeless) and I hauled out my Bible and journal. As soon as I did that, of course, the skywalk was bustling with business men/women and the like.

There I stood journaling and reading my Bible (out loud, although quietly) as people swept by me. It was so fun. It was so releasing. I pray that the day will not come when carrying or reading a Bible in public will be illegal. Father, would you pour out your favor and grace! Lord, that we would not have to fear carrying your word with us. Thank you, Jesus! I pray for the persecuted church, God. Would you strengthen your church! Renew our hope of your return! Thank you for the church across the globe. Raise up your army, Father, in strength and love!

I don't want to wrongly take advantage of the freedom I have in proclaiming the name of Jesus! Lord, that I would treasure your word in my heart and learn how to absorb it! Father, would you help me with my memorization skills...(hee hee) Write your words on my heart, O God!

It was a pretty great time in that skywalk! I highly recommend them....

As I was walking towards the doors to get back to work I saw two native men sitting on a ledge. They looked quite familiar...I'm sure I've seen them around or at church. I smiled at them and said hello and the older of the two smiles and says, "Your cute...you look like a little movie star." I couldn't help but laugh out loud! A movie star! I've never got that one before!!

God, bless those two! And that was my lunch hour! Good times!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

that's funny! you little movie star! sounds like a great lunch hour! bless you!

Thursday, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Its your million dollar smile and charming good looks. It lights up a room! =)

Thursday, February 03, 2005  
Blogger hayes said...

Hey I am looking forward to monday night it feels like forever since i have seen you and the other girls. See you soon.

Thursday, February 03, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

About reading the Bible in public. I've had the same feelings as I'm riding the bus. Can you imagine what it would be like for it to be illegal? Every time you pulled it out you'd wonder if there was a Secret Police person, or maybe that somebody would rat you out. Would we not be ashamed of Jesus before men, that's what I ask myself. Imagine if it meant you were going to prison... Scary!

Friday, February 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home