truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

a swelling oasis and weapons of truth

Oasis. A place of safety, security and sanctuary. Refreshment found amidst a sun-scorched desert. Jesus is my oasis. Thankfully my life isn't always (usually, even) a sun-scorched desert. I have many blessings to count...

I'm feeling frail. Drained. In need of my Savior.
Part of me hates feeling this way and part of me gets so excited because of what God is going to do!

Usually in the midst of feeling like crap (quite frankly) God takes us, shapes us and draws us closer to Himself. I want this. I've asked for this. Lord, may I have this! (not the crappy feelings but the transformation)

I know that in Christ alone I will find rest, peace, strength, joy, worth and the ultimate love and devotion!

Worth. That has been my struggle this week, if I were to sum it up. I know I find my worth in God and God alone! Oh, I can look in other places such as friends, family, success, beauty, how many people comment on my blog (hee hee, just kidding!) but that is only a momentary fix, a false sense of worth.

Worth in God comes from deep within. It begins at the core of our beings where we feel the most ache, loneliness, excitement, fear and joy and then spreads throughout. Placing my worth in anything but God leaves me drained (from working hard to gain that acceptance), feeling rejected and discouraged. It leaves me discontent and wanting more - which is sometimes a good thing! However, it can also leave me hurt and frustrated - which just plain sucks.

I'm still excited, though. Once I learn this truth (and remember this lesson, hopefully. It feels like I've been through learning it many times!!) I will have more to give to others, will be more fully alive in God and will have another large obstacle to overcome by God's grace with another life-lesson tucked under my belt ; )

Hey, imagine the lessons we have learned in life as added components to our Armor of God. I've never thought of it that way (or it's just a renewed revelation?). For example, once God's truth is "stamped" or sealed over the area in my life regarding worth it will be very hard for the enemy to attack me in that area...and if he does, I'll have already learned my lesson and instead of listening to his crap I'll run straight into the arms of my Father! So, he can attack but God's truth is my protection. Amen! (I hope that makes sense?)

"Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's word is an indispensable weapon." (The Message)

God You make me worthy. May I run to You and You alone to find my worth. Amen!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

It really is crucial that we find our worth in God! Though it does seem to be a reoccuring lesson sometimes, eh? Way to hash it out Steph. Often the wrestle is where the good stuff lies.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lots of people read your blog Steph, maybe they just don't have much to say? :) Maybe we should put a visitor up to encourage you.

Here's something I think you'll like:

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

Hmmm... but what about that "Later on" part??? Let's hope this doesn't last for a long time. Hey wait a second!

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." 1 Peter 5:10

Blessings!

Thursday, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

"visitor up" = visitor counter up.

Thursday, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

gotchya! That would be cool but I'm technologically stupid. I would need serious help! Thanks for the comment..it was very encouraging! There's sometimes nothing better than some good old Bible verses, ya know! Yea to strong, firm and steadfast! Amen!

Thursday, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Joel said...

Stephie,

There is pain in the offering...there is pain in the offering. These words are something I remind myself day in and day out. We do not like the pain of the encounters and transformation of our hearts and soul. However, we become more transformed into His likeness. He will take us, shape us, and refine us. He is the potter of our lives and we are the clay to be molded. Just know that you do find your worth in Him first. I have seen such a dedication and commitment into living an intentional lifestyle of being like Him. You are radical! You are unique! You are valuable! You are loved! Bless you!

Thursday, January 27, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Stephanie, I already see you learning valuable lessons from the tough times. Your life is an encouragment to those who have the honor of knowing you. You are a true jewel.

Thursday, January 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home