truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Sunday, January 16, 2005

A Date and A Half!

That is exactly what Friday night was! I got a phone call at just after 7:00 pm from my sister and her hubby inviting me out on a date!! It was so fun and such an encouragement! We can't double date quite yet (which is fine...for now) so we had a date and a half! I am so blessed!

We enjoyed a splendid meal (with appetizer!!!) at Moxies in St. Vital mall. All I have to say is bring on the strawberry marguerita's - or according to Kristi, Hawaiian Honey!! They're amazing! After the fantastic food and great conversation we made our way down to Silver City and watched "In Good Company". It was an alright movie...I'd say a renter. The greatest surprise was randomly seeing our mother and her good friend, Esther, making their way out of the theatre! They were wonderfully generous and hilariously stuffed our jacket pockets with their leftover twizzlers, m&m's and skittles which they had previously snuck into the theatre! It was so good to see them both!

Lord, bless Kris and Shane! Thank you so much for their generosity in both money and time! Kristi, let's have more of those dates! I really had a good time with you guys! I love you both! (hee hee, like the paragraphs ; )

This has been one fantastic weekend! On Saturday I got to sleep in until 20 minutes till 11:00 and woke up to the phone ringing. I was greeted with my brothers voice saying he was headed towards my house...I was a little confused because I had just woken up and I wasn't too sure about the details to begin with. It was great, though. Then my beloved mother took my grocery shopping with her van! Blessed vans! So, I got to grab some grub and stock up my fridge and cupboards, which is always lovely!

That was just the beginning of a great weekend! Thank you Jesus for weekends! I pray that I will take advantage of every second of 'em! I hope you all had a super-fantastic weekend, as well!

I'm headed off to WCV for Encounter God Night in a little while and I'm stoked about what God's going to do!?!! Lord, would you prepare my heart for what you have in store....I LOVE YOU JESUS! God bless, everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Oh Steph! We really enjoyed having you along on our date! That was great! I agree, we definitely have to make more time for good old sister dates! Like tomorrow's coming up!!! Thanks for the blessing prayer!

Sunday, January 16, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend Steph! Its great when you can join a couple on a date and not feel like a third wheel. Kristi and Shane are so great like that. Perhaps one day it will be you and I on a double date, how fun would that be? One day...

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yea, Chris! We HAVE to do that! That's going to be freakin' fun! I love the double date dreaming! It makes me laugh! Hee hee...one day!! We WILL double date!!

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Sonya said...

You guys are so cute! Thank you so much, Steph, for helping me with the kids on Sunday. What a blessing to me. You deserve the best! Hope Encounter was awesome!

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Awww Christina! Thanks for the encouragement that Shane and I are good to hang with and don't make others feel like a third wheel. I had many times of being the third wheel, and I really don't want others to feel that way around Shane and I! I'm glad to hear that it is working!

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristi, you guys DO do a great job!!
Sonya it was my pleasure helping out with the kids! I love them! I was so excited being able to hold Mr. Jacob during worship! Rachel is a joy and getting more and more beautiful every time I see her! You have such darling kids! I loved sitting with you, too =)

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Shane said...

I had a blast with you both. Remember there is enough of me to go around. We just might have to throw Christina into the mix next time. I had a great time!

Monday, January 17, 2005  
Blogger Christina said...

Shane you are a true gentleman, I would love to be thrown into the mix sometime! How nice of you to take us single girls under your arm, and thanks to Kristi for sharing your hubbie. =)

Monday, January 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home