truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Wedding Present

A few months ago I had a *brilliant* idea to encourage my sister and her husband to start having a family by buying them a cute and cuddly baby outfit. Kristi and Shane are NOT pregnant. Every few weeks I provide them with another outfit to add to their collection. It's been a funny joke and will hopefully get me some nieces and nephews in the not-to-far future ; ) .... no pressure....

Well, this weekend I was away photographing a wedding and when I got back I got together with Kristi and Shane. Ironically and surprisingly, we both had a gifts for one another. So we exchanged our gifts and this is what we got:

Kristi and Shane received two pink little outfits. Super cute. Cute enough that Kristi decided she wanted to wear them. However, they're about 23.5 years too small.

I received a lovely wedding present! My first one, actually. I am NOT engaged. I am not dating anyone. The present was a picture frame with this written on it: "Wedding is a magical celebration of love, formally uniting two people whose hearts are already bound as one. Sharing wishes and dreams, the bride and groom seal with a kiss their pledge for the future."

I think they'd call that "pay back". So, my wedding present collection has officially started. I am the first one in my house of three other women (two dating) who has received a wedding present. So funny! I laughed hysterically! Only in my family do we give gifts before the celebrations actually begin.

Cheers to weddings and babies ... even before they happen!
And thank you, Joyska, for your brilliant idea.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I love it! How hilarious we both had gifts on the same day! Well-blogged!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

You guys are HILARIOUS!
Congratulations to both of you in advance! :)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007  
Blogger Lanney said...

That is awesome! I think it is a brilliant idea - too funny!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Joyska said...

congratulations Stephanie! I am so happy for you! :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Christina said...

hee hee...so funny!
Can't wait to see what picture will eventually make that frame its home. :)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007  
Blogger Sonya said...

That's too funny.

Monday, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

now, thats what i call prophetic.

blessings,
James

Tuesday, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home