truth be told

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJ)

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Just For Shane : )

My brother-in-law has been asking me to post something for a while...so, Shane, this is for you!

Christmas has come and gone & with it are many good memories, sweet presents and the goodness of the gift God has given us renewed in my heart and mind. My siblings and I did something different this year with the Christmas story, instead of just reading it out of Luke (which we usually do) Kristi, Shane, Shaun & I told the story of the Trinity from before time began all the way to Jesus returning to earth to rule & reign with us, His partner & Bride. It was so refreshing and challenging working our way by memory through the scriptures about God the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit dwelling together in perfect unity & love, desiring to have a partner and creating humanity out of a place of the abundance of love, not lack thereof or need.

The revelation that Jesus Christ gave up His glory from eternity past to become a baby, humble & dependent, in order to grow up and become a man despised and rejected, all for my redemption astounds me!! Seriously. He didn't have to do that. But He desires relationship with me so much that He cast aside His glory and took on flesh. He is amazing! I want revelation of the love of Jesus to hit my heart daily.

Anyway, here are some pictures from Christmas:

The siblings & I ^
Decorating my stocking from Kristi & Shane ^ I was SO excited! I bought Kristi & myself matching socks for Christmas - She has the red socks, I have the green.
My brother made me a fantastic shirt which I love : )
And on that note I'll leave you with a quote a read today.... "Love hung Jesus on the cross, desire for me (insert your name here) kept Him there".

Have a happy, peace-filled & joyful 2008!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! She blogged!
It was good to see you so much over Christmas! Love you Steph!

Thursday, December 27, 2007  
Blogger Camillia said...

I truly do feel honoured to be one counted worthy to experience this momentous occassion! I'm LOVIN that shirt....
Now Steph, please wear that shirt and proclaim the Return of the Bridegroom proudly on Portage Ave:)
Love ya!

Saturday, December 29, 2007  
Blogger lee said...

those are some sweet socks. sweet socks, indeed.

Monday, January 14, 2008  
Blogger Brian said...

It is awesome how much God loves us. Nice blog.

grace and peace,
brian
downpour-me.blogspot

Saturday, January 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home